Saturday, October 31, 2015

You've got to be...

You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together

 Des'ree You Gotta Be

Sometimes songs still have application, especially when you do this job, and you've got to have a sense of humor about everything. 

Tonight was one of those nights where it felt like many nights happened in the course of an evening. So there were a bunch of funny things that happened, a bunch of me avoiding the negativity of the evening. (I swear I could write endlessly about the different pieces in a night, the locker room, individual girls, my emotional connection to the evening, the management, conversations, customers, outside influences that affect my work mode...I should really write more...Back to the real writing here.) I get to get up early and bust out a day shift and make a costume tomorrow as well. Part of me really wants to turn off my phone as well since I know I'm going to upset people. But you have to put on your own mask before you can put on others.
 
Lately all of us are really going though it, our club is slowly fading...I'll be surprised if we survive the winter...thank you large corporation for again fucking with my life...One of the girls for sure I've seen her crying in the back lately and it's hard, you have to remember that although you're there and you're friends are there and we support each other we don't pay each others bills...same with people in our personal lives that although our job may seem easy it's not and that they need to respect the fact we are working, which is hard for a lot of people. (I'm trying so hard to smash this post out in 10 minutes)

Tonight this guy came in and sometimes you guys say the dumbest funniest things...like don't every cheat on your spouse because you literally just admitted everything you were trying to lie about to me within 10 seconds.

So this kid comes in...he tells me he doesn't come to places like this, he's here for his friends, which admittedly he does have friends with him...he also had the advantage of being foreign so his story was a little easier to believe. Anyway he says then, that he's only been in a couple times. We chat for a little bit longer, then he says you know the dozen(ish) times he has been in, he usually just comes in and gets dances and leaves...perfect so why are you wasting my time right now. He obviously doesn't think that anyone with half a brain is going to sit down and talk to him, since he tried to dumb down his job description. GUYS HEADS UP SAYING YOU WORK IN IT MEANS NOTHING. So we continue to chat and I start talking about statistics. This kid then amazes me, he says he wasn't expecting anyone with half a brain to sit down and he has no fucking clue what the hell I'm talking about but it sounds really smart...my mind literally packed a little suitcase with old travel stickers on it, put on some galoshes, and vacated the premises...It of course couldn't get on a flight on it's own or catch a cab, so it came right back. I was trying so hard not to laugh at the fact that he went from never going to a "place like this" or going a few times, to enough times to have a routine down for while he was there, and a preference on girls. Also while we were talking, I said something about working out, and off handidly said something about needing to work out more since you can't really tell...this mother fucker said "Yeah you're right" what the fuck bro? 
 
Story two...same guy...As we were talking I asked what kind of girls he liked and he said girls that were in shape, and yes most of the girls I work with look amazing, but all of us could benefit from a little more gym time, which is what I said to him, then he looks at me and said I was wrong and that every girl seemed to be in really good shape. Again flabbergasted, I'm not in bad shape, and by comparison I'm in pretty decent shape, and this dude was just crushing my poor little ego, stomped on it. He did in the end get a dance so I guess the looking like I could work out more, and sounding like I knew something worked out for a few coins.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely do NOT need to work out... you're still the sexiest woman I've ever met.

    Not that my opinion means anything but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ever went once to a strip club and it really was with friends, a bunch of guys from work. I work in IT heh. Anyway I was 20 or so and thing that surprised me most was how unsexy it was. I mean back then I spent all day and night thinking about sex, yet here I am by accident in a strip club, and it isn't sexy. Not only that it was dark and when I finally got bored with watching the lady I kind of went for a walk around, tripped over something, and landed in the dj booth with my coca cola all over his vinyl which stopped the music and therefore the lady's dancing act.

    Not quite true that was my only ever visit as I did see Sticky Vicky performing in Benidorm a couple of years ago. She is in her mid seventies and has a weird but compelling routine pulling strings of unusual objects out of her body.

    Anyway I didn't know strippers even has blogs but maybe I'll get to another club one of these times.

    ReplyDelete