Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coffee shop round two

Back to people staring at me. Some guy just walked right up to me to try and guess what I do for a living. He guessed that I worked in paranormal studies, I was an interior designer, or statistical analysis (which we all know I wanted to do at one point in time, and being an analyst is part of finance), I sort of started laughing at the paranormal studies. I said described I was in sales, and part of my job is to analyze people within the first few moments of meeting them to decided if a sale is potentially going to happen (Malcom Gladwell reference of course)
He sat down at my table pushed my coffee closer to me. Asked my my opinions on the after life. Which are...I really hope there is one, but should there not be I'm not going to be horribly disappointed because well, I'll be dead.
Anyway he continues to talk to me and I watch him get more and more nervous about even sitting with me. Personally I love watching people squirm has always brought me an immense amount of joy. He starts telling me what he does and I start tuning him out, unfortunately he disrupted my previous writing which would set me back on my accounting studying.
He asked me about human experience and how to make every day better and less mundane and I'm thinking to myself "Self nothing in my life is mundane ever if I really think about it" I suggested that he find something to focus on everyday whether it be the fact that he feels as if he's alone, to try notice that there are others in the world just as alone as he is, and perhaps he should find solace it that. Or that he should continue to do what he's doing which is approaching strangers in coffee shops, especially ones that look extremely focused on what there are doing.
He asked me about my analysis of him. I don't have to be nice while I'm not at work so sometimes I'm not. I told him he was awkward, his points in his conversation were frequently convoluted by the fact that it seemed he couldn't focus due to how nervous he was to be sitting at my table. He looked at me and said I was intimidating. I told him I was sorry he felt that way, and then I said I was not working so there for I felt it was in his best interest to leave me alone as I was obviously not interested in him.
GUYS!!!! What the fuck? I realize it takes balls to walk up to a girl but holy shit, don't ask me if I work in paranormal activity. DO I LOOK LIKE A GHOSTBUSTER? I mean I wish I was but holy crap, don't be an idiot. I also realize I can be intimidating but you chose to approach me can you really expect it to go swimmingly after you ask me if I'm a Ghost buster basically. Jeezus people are crazy out here.
Here is to hoping he doesn't follow me out of here and I have to beat the shit out of some little fucking nerd, that will really ruin my Sunday, I was really working on being a better person.
Anyway back to that accounting I keep talking about.

2 comments:

  1. reallyyyy paranormal studies? lol. Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty impressive how he was able to pick the exact wrong questions to ask at every opportunity... poor guy.

    ReplyDelete