Friday, March 23, 2012

Tonight was one of those nights

Let me preface with saying I've had a ton of shit thrown at me lately and I've been doing my best to hold my life together, because I'm red and that's what I do keep it together for the most part. Things like family illness, finals, fights with one of my best friends, whom is a best friend so I can't exactly walk away from them because I care about them very much. That being said please excuse me as I haven't been myself lately.
Let me just say my family has been really supportive because they are super rad. My friends have been here to pick up the pieces that fall off of me and then returning them to me very promptly so I can glue them back on.
Anyway tonight was one of those nights where I was reminded that I'm not a bad person, I'm not always the bad guy, and that people think or at least inflate my ego and tell me they think I would look great in flannel as most of my conversations were with people telling them, that; I'm really not sexy...ever.
People I work with come to me when there is an issue that needs to be resolved, because I am the team player, I'm a fixer, I want everyone to work well together.( I know right stripper handing out the corporate cool-aid) There were so many nice things said to me today, that it pulled me out of my funk. I think as soon as my issues are resolved with the bestie I will be completely fine and more capable of dealing with the public in a less destructive way.
My manager even came down to my level and asked why everyone couldn't be like me. I have been trying so hard to leave work at work (which is hard, this job makes you crazy, walking into chaos would make anyone crazy) I've been trying to leave home at home, except for my minor breaks where I need to take five minutes to breathe and put my head on. Ok maybe I need to work harder at this part of finding the balance in my life.
It was a good reminder that when life hands you lemons you paint that shit gold, and you can always buy more gold paint if you find yourself with more lemons. Everything works out as it should, even if it's not how you wanted it to work out originally.
Wait, wait, wait one more redism when the going gets tough the tough start shoving.
I suppose it's high time I followed my own advise, rather than sulking around about things I don't feel like I can change, I should work on changing them, and being a better version of me, because lately I've really been sucking at being myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment