Monday, March 10, 2014

doing the right thing and having it going completely wrong...and judgemental assholes


I was reading through some old blog posts about the firstish dates and I missed one a really good one so I thought now would be a good time to bring it up... We were talking about judgmental people tonight in the locker room

I was on my way home from running errands down town one night and stopped by a hotel bar for a snack and a drink, I sat down on the couch at the far end of the bar threw my bags down and my coat. Looked around the room and wondered how many people could tell I wasn't wearing a bra, or if that people assumed a Victoria Secret bag and a Sephora bag = stripper. I don't think so...or if due to the size of my breasts they wondered why the hell I wasn't wearing a bra.

SO I'm sitting minding my own business and this attractive to me at the time came up to me and sat down and started asking really good questions, and was really interesting. Lets fast forward.

We went to brunch had another great time.

We went to a movie the next week, he was so sweet brought me down a coffee...we start walking to the movie in the rain, and I just remember my heart pounding out of my chest, since I knew what  I  to say. We were one block away this dude walked really fast so I stopped him and said "There is something I really need to tell you. I am exactly who I say I am, and I have not lied about that, I just have an addition, and it could be a deal breaker and that's totally fine and I understand if it is that you if you run away right now. I'm a stripper"

The look he gave me gave the whole thing away I had seen that look so many times before, the look of complete disappointment.

However he decided he still wanted to sit through a movie with me, and he appreciated my honesty. At the end of he movie he made up some excuse I don't remember anymore, and gave me a hug, and said I'll hit you up later. I said "No you won't hit me up later, this isn't my first rodeo" He promised he wasn't like that...fast forward about a year.

I could have been so selfish and lied to him for a really long time about why I was busy on the weekends, but no, I didn't, people are so judgmental

How is it that even though I have been doing this for about as long as this blog has existed it still surprises me how judgmental people can be...How is it someone can be in finance during the day, or a lawyer,  producer, doctor etc. But get completely shit faced on the weekends or in the evening and put whatever they can up their noses, but somehow that's totally socially acceptable but being a sober stripper is not.

Or my other favorite when Custy's with the aforementioned jobs who also believe themselves to be good looking and have no reason to be in a strip club are in strip clubs and make fun of other custy's because they don't look like them. One of my favorite people that comes in occasionally is a welder, I think he's great, and he's funny...he wear's carhartts and tee's sometimes, he dresses comfortably. There was one time I was sitting with a doctor who was talking shit about him that he can't be that way of a person due to the way he looks. I got so mad. I turned to him and said, that man has a heart bigger than yours, cares so much about his nieces and nephews, is always polite, unlike you, he isn't a flashy douche who talks about how much money he has but doesn't spend it and has not reason to be in the strip club but yet you are...

The moral of the story as I'm half asleep is do not judge a book by it's cover, or as stripper by her shoes.

4 comments:

  1. I would say I don't judge people, but my criteria is just different. I don't care if you're a doctor, or a cashier, or homeless. I do care if you're an asshole, or a hipster. Then I judge.

    It's sad that people look down at others because of what they do, or don't do. The senior guy at work, who is a dick, was talking trash about bikini baristas and that they only future they had was to move up to stripping. I just wanted to blow a gasket, but we all know he's missing on more than just one cylinder.

    Otherwise, this isn't a post about someone camping out for you! Where is that tale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to the day when you point at me while taking to another Custy and say "Even though he's wearing that ragged gray hoodie, that guy has heart... and has interesting suggestions to fix our prison system." :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he judges you by what you do instead of who you are than he is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People in those positions love to judge.
    I always feel like a total loser when I'm in a strip club. Not cause of you dancers but idk, I should be snagging girls at a bar or something. its weird.

    ReplyDelete