Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I love my job and here is a massive list of reasons why...enjoy

I get asked pretty frequently what I like and don't like about my job. Considering I've been pretty down on it lately so I thought I would write about what I like about it as a list.

1. I know it's shallow but I like the money. I started doing it and needed to do something lucrative and voila dancing became my thing although now it's drying up. So I need to move quick onto my hopes and dreams and hopefully still afford to do them while dancing also why I'm looking for another quick and easy job. I know I know not what you wanted to hear. However it's true sadly I can not live on "I think you're beautiful" and "I would love to buy you coffee" I wish I could because I would be rolling in money.

2. I don't understand men. The day I understand you is the day that I quit no joke. I seriously don't understand the male mind and I love that. I love that every one of you is a mystery. As much as I bag on Indian men I still sit and talk to them every night, because statistically speaking you can't all be terrible people. So I hope for the one in a million that I meet the cool ones, or the ones that don't low ball me or try to assault me.

3. I love the comradery between the girls it's amazing. Very unexpected I was expecting a blood bath which it wasn't. I also stood up for myself my first day as if I were in prison.

4. I love my regulars I love getting to know people and their stories over time. I've saved marriages. I've made people stop drinking. I've had people realize they hate their job and that they want to do something else all while talking it out with me. I'm like a naked therapist really.

6. I love that I have changed it from being just a stripper to turning it into a name for myself, focusing more on the marketing and the girls that I work with and their well being I'm sort or a liaison between the dancers and corporate. Although I'm sure they are upset with me since my numbers are down but I can't help that there are two back hoes parked in front of the club.

7. I love that I have danced everywhere and I've had a ton of fun and a ton of experiences I would not have normally had.

8. Dancing opened a lot of doors and slammed a lot of doors too. Dancing made me view myself and others differently and what the idea of a perfect body was or is, I mean I'm gorgeous. google me and find out. At the same time I've seen women much larger than me really be sexy and I've stood in awe of their beauty. It's all perspective I suppose, but mine is that every woman is beautiful.

9. I like that I've seen what the top looks like and that dancing keeps me striving for that  again, because I sure as fuck am not going out how I came in. So it's taught me motivation,=.

10. Dancing has taught me to question every single interaction I have with a man and if it's real, and if it's genuine. You want to have a nerf war you're probably okay. You send me a chandelier you're good. You're my Euro cheerleader I have mad love for you.

11. Dancing has taught me that I do not have to give a fuck about everyone and their feelings because chances are they don't give a fuck about mine, I have been the scapegoat for many, man,y things it's not fun being called a bitch and a cunt, and being told that I have no idea what body shaming is because of what I look like, actually I know more about it because of what I look like, men just want to fuck me, women want to hate me, it just isn't a good look being pretty sometimes, and yes maybe they are just jealous because they don't know me since most girls I work with will tell you I'm the nicest person, the most honest person, and I go hard for my girls. At the same time I have been told I'm a horrible, horrible, selfish person, that is totally out of touch with reality and what it's like to struggle or be shunned by society...bacon this time I'm talking about you. This is the only time I've ever even mentioned you in a blog.

12. Dancing taught me to fight. A strange one I know but it taught me what getting hit in the face feels like and that you can push through it and get out of a situation or beat the shit out of someone. Important life skill. It taught me to say no and to stand up for myself. Stand up for what I believe in.

13. Dancing has taught me there is value in everyone I just need to dig to find it.

14. To let things slide off, to roll with things to be told no 100 times in a row and keep fighting for the yes.

15. most of all dancing has taught me to find the humor in everything that this whole job is hilarious and that's what I love about it.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a customer of yours, I don't even live in Seattle. But chancing upon you scoping one night has been a blessing. It's difficult to explain here, but you are helping me rediscover who I am as a single man, now my marriage of 17 years is over.

    As for your future endeavors, someone who is as strong, determined, and smart as you can't fail.

    You have a genuinely kind spirit and I'm thankful I know you.

    Thanks Red

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's milt email me back asap!

    ReplyDelete