Saturday, March 23, 2013

vacation all i ever wanted vacation HAVE TO GET AWAY!

Lately I've been bitching a shit ton. I apologize to all if I'm bringing you down, but it's been one hell of a month leading up to vacation. In fact I'm concerned I'm about to jinx myself, as I still have two more days to make it thought. GOD DAMMIT I'M GETTING THOUGH THEM. I think I will feel the most reward if I push though this rather than skipping out early.

I feel like I really need this vacation right now. All the craziness that's been happening at work lately. Some stereotypes surrounding strippers are true, such as a history of abuse (not me) but for some it's very real and lately people have been extremely open with talking about it. I don't know what to say most of the time, it's like when someone dies, and not knowing the correct thing to say.

That being said, internet I need your help. I need to be pointed in the right direction to point these girls towards affordable therapists, or peer counseling, or something, anything really.

Somedays this job is the most emotionally exhausting thing on the planet. I've got douche bags and crazy ass bitches.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Red,
    Don't worry about venting too much on your blog. The internet is the best place for that! I'm sure everyone is just glad to see you posting again :)

    As for your coworkers, do they go to school at least part time? Most community colleges offer free counseling for students as long as they're enrolled. I've found that the counselors there have a surprising amount of experience helping girls in the dancing industry. I guess dancing and putting yourself through school is a lot more common than people think. Anyway, if they don't go to school, there are also lots of affordable therapy centers that employ graduate student interns. They're supervised by professionals and probably just as helpful as the guy you would pay $120/hour for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to the area and don't know where to direct your friends for professional help, but I do know what they need from you.
    I was abused as a child and don't talk about it much, but when I do I just need someone to listen. To validate what I went through, that it was real and it was wrong.
    When we experience stuff like that, especially when young, we tend to think that it is normal and that something is wrong with us for letting it get to us and makeing us feel bad. Sometimes we need to be reminded, even without words, that we are normal and what happened was wrong and we are strong for coming through it.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete