Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hey you slut...

I'm just kidding of course I don't mean that.
I had dinner with a dear friend of mine tonight who I grew up with. I have known him basically my whole life. He is one of the few gay men I know right now, somehow I have landed my self in the land of the lesbians as the token straight friend.
He and I were reminiscing about growing up and how near the end of my life in one small town in the northwards that it became very apparent that everyone was really mean to me. They were mean just because I was beautiful, funny, smart, athletic, and maybe just a little bit popular (in my opinion I wasn't very pretentious) I think this actually helped in my creation of who I am. I think that it makes me occasionally a little oblivious about exactly how attractive I can be, truth be told I view myself as a little girl with glasses, an oversized tee-shirt, horrible long hair with bangs...thick ones, and a christmas bow on my head (I was so happy that way, why wouldn't I think that's what I look like)
Anyway we were talking about what everyone is up to, we like to gossip just a little bit when we get together, and talk about the good and the bad. We ended up on the topic of some very mean girls that we grew up with that would shoulder check me in the hall and call me a skank...now would be a good time to mention they where having sex well before I was ( I wasn't having any at this time, and was actually a little bit envious of them), anyway. The conversation turned towards pride and being proud of what we are doing, he's in school working on his masters. I'm back working on business rather than art. We both came to the conclusion that we are much happier childless and unmarried than stuck in a small town.
It became apparent to me that I am so much happier as a stripper than I ever would have been back home and I'm actually proud of what I do most days. I wouldn't give up this part of my life for anything. I think I have proven that in my many an ended relationship over my job.
In other news I have been sleeping so heavy lately that I actually put a kink in my neck from not moving, hence the reason I did a "half day" yesterday. Being tired is the worst job hazard ever, it sort of ruins everything. It's sort of like being narcoleptic. I have always over worked myself. In a previous and current life I was/am notorious for falling asleep in movies, it was so bad at one point that I actually would make it a point to get extra sleep during movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment