Friday, July 13, 2012

Se-se-se-sex and the city

My best gal pals have recently decided that I am embodying Samantha from sex and the city only minus promiscuous sex, or any sex for that matter (over-share?. At the same time. At the same time W is Charlotte. No matter how much I want to be Charlotte, really and truly I would love to embody Charlotte. Samantha started off as a bartender in super tight acid wash jeans, big hair and from hard work determination and maybe just a few chances with luck became a very successful PR professional. I would be lying if I said I was not just a little bit envious. At the same time I'm still "young" I have plans, and dreams, and I think considering that I have had a run around the old' corporate block I should be just fine with round two. I don't know why this has been weighing in so heavy on my mind lately. I think this is the first time I am absolutely buckling down with school I have canceled so many social obligations lately. School and work have become my life and it feels really good. At the same time it's hard. This is getting boring lets talk about the night time highlights. 1. I had a Canadian absolutely gave me a huge ego boost and just poured compliments over me. It was great we all know how much I love compliments. 2. Frat guy. Yup frat dude from Cali emptied his wallet. 3. Geek guy twitched the entire time I gave him a dance 4. Candy was on stage and these girls were going nuts over her. Candy being the homie that she is told them "wait till you see the girl after me she is off the hook" They over course went totally overboard for me. It was great. 5. Locker room talk Candy: RED your thighs are getting huge! Me: I know it's all the running. I then sit down on the counter to eat my salad. Candy: No like for real they are huge. Me: I know my trunks of thighs. Candy: no, no, no, girl it's good you are getting thick in all the right places. Me: thanks that really made my night. All these things really helped as I have been hyper critical of myself today. For no paticular reason. I think that it's because I did not go running today. Also to improve my next 1/2 marathon time I'm going to start adding a little extra to my workout, like oh I don't know some sit-ups, some push-ups and if I can fit it in, yoga just once a week. Then, then I think I can really get in tip top shape for a little run...in the south in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment