Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Things I don't remember

Things I don't remember is by the band ugly Casanova, a side project of modest mouse, we all know how much I love MM. Preface. Today was interesting it was slightly stained by someone near and dear to me reminding me of things I'm working on forgetting. Let me be clear I don't blame her for this I would have come to a point of remembering at some point, as earlier in the day I ran into an aquaintence of mine who inspired this blog post she and I were talking about the good parts of this job. The bright side of doing this is most of the time you forget the bad parts, unless they are hilarious, like someone asking you if they can deep throat your shoe (um no that's dangerous)anyway back to it. excuse me as I "put someone on blast". Me bitter never... In a few short years I will forget that this was the year my heart was broken by a man, excuse me boy, who didn't deserve it in the first place. I will forget his web of lies, his blaming me for going out because of my job, and his inability to say no. I will not remember the time I yelled at him in a crowded bar because I had, had it up to my eyeballs with lies. I will forget that he had me convinced I wasn't normal because of my job, that I wasn't successful, that I made bad choices(I don't have time to make bad choices I have class in the morning, I have a future to get)that I was a child. I will forget the times that he just smelled like booze. Or that time he got drunk and called me the wrong name. More importantly I will forget that I threatened to punch him in the face in front of his friends when I ran into him at brunch. I won't remember the bad things. (actually I might remember that) Hell with any luck I won't remember his name. I won't remember the promises broken by loved ones due to me being selfish. I will however remember all the good things. I will remember semi-annual people who crack me up every time I get the chance to see them, who are intellectually challenging and interesting on so many levels. Who bring me articles on running. I will remember a korean from the Midwest who understands what being from the midwest means. Who is kind to so many people, I will remember a polish leprechaun who only drinks red bull and orange juice who mixes up a few words (maybe on purpose) who makes my day. Who is also oddly kind to strangers K who went though a rough time and really tested my capacity for other people, at the same time taught me how strong I could really be and that no matter what the hell was going on in my world that I could leave it at the door to be there for someone else. There are so many people who have walked and walked out that have brought me more joy and taught me more about people and compassion than a person could ever learn, and that's why I really do love my job. I also ran into him on a date once it turned out he had never had Mexican before and was eating a taco for the first time, it was hilarious, his date looked as if she thought it was cute and sweet. The commonalitly of those I enjoy is that they are incredibly kind they help those around them in whatever way they can, though this job I have met the most amazing people. I wouldn't change it for the world. Men who are in who dated strippers married strippers and had a normal life, people who reminded me that I'm not my job. My job is a big part of who I am but it's not exactly who I am or who I will be. There are girls I would go to the ends of the earth for. People who would never let me down. Girls who made sure I got home safe. Made sure I slept. Made sure I ate. Most importantly made sure that I laughed. Talked more shit than someone really should. There will be more on each girl later they all deserve a post. Towncar drivers that have made sure I have gotten in safe, heard the dumbest things come out of my mouth like "what if Ryan gosling is in my apartment when I get home...oh my god wouldn't that be so amazing, I really hope he is, although I'm really tired so I hope he isn't" I will remember this as the year, I ran a half marathon,drove to and from LA solo, I went through hell and back, I figured out who my true friends really are, what orders are capable of. The year I held my temper the whole time because I didn't want to be wrong. The year I watched sex and the city every damn day. I should make this a little clearer, this is the summer I went back to remembering who I am and what I stand for and to not take anything sitting down.

1 comment:

  1. Red.   you are from from normal and should remember that as well.  It's what makes you you.  Be safe and it's good you are writing agin 

    ReplyDelete