Wednesday, August 7, 2013

make-up and girly stuff


I'm writing to calm my nerves right now.
I'm writing a paper on the idealized female body for my class and as I write it I grow more and more self conscious. It might also be the company I'm keeping as of late isn't as confident a one would hope. ANYWAY...I get self conscious reading bout how men like bigger boobs, and a particular hair color, and an angular jaw, and light eyes, etc. Then I look in the mirror and think wait thats me, not to sound like a crazy egotistical bitch but really at this moment in my life I am very fortunate to be all of those things.

This post is for the ladies mostly I've been wearing more make-up lately but not your normal make-up I guess all of it has some hidden benefit that is suppose to improve something about my skin or my eyelashes. That is except for the eyeshadow I wear to work. Also Tiger and I have been in search of the holy grail of eye liner and I think we finally found it. Actually most of these items are the holy grail of beauty products that I love. Mind you I hate wearing make-up I hate putting it on, it's just not my jam.

Preface none of these images are mine so please don't sue me.

I almost always wear this product by garnier because I almost always look fucking tired. It has a very light concealer in it and CAFFEINE! It will run you about $9 at any drugstore.

Lately, everyone has been talking about bb cream and how rad it is for you. There are a few things I look for when I put things on my face, which I try not to do very often. Typically I wear a moisturizer with sunscreen in it. Sunscreen is my security blanket it makes me feel like nothing is going to hurt my skin, and for some reason I love wearing that shit at work. I feel like perfume, and hairspray, and smoke, and mean words cant hurt me. Anyway I have been on the quest for bb cream. I tried Garnier I didn't really like it it made me look jaundice. The Urban Decay Naked broke my face out, and my face rarely breaks out so I was a little peeved. Finally I found the Dr. Jart bb cream, I guess they invented it so far it's pretty rad
Ok...bb cream has moisturizer, sunscreen spf 45 to be exact (awesome!), and anti-aging in it and some other crazy stuff that isn't suppose to be bad for you. This particular formula does not contain Phthalates which are bad...very bad.
The only issue I have with it is the price tag it's a whooping $45 I try to be thrifty and keep things to a minimum as you will soon find out. 

Moving on I rarely wear powder but when I do I wear 
TAH_DAH another bb product. I FUCKING LOVE SUNSCREEN SO MUCH! This little ditty has a tiny pit of shiny crap in it so I actually look awake when I wear it. Don't let the name fool you, you can get this jam at bartell drugs for about $12 I think


I'm saving the best for last in case you are waiting for the eyeliner to end all eyeliners.

I do wear a crayon/pencil eyeliner on my water line and have been doing so since I was 14 and allowed to wear make-up to school. There are two I use right now because the are incredibly black one is more pricey than the other but the lesser of the two is my fave right now. So I use Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil it's around $20 have no fear my fave at the moment is way less which is the Victoria Secret Precision something something pencil for $9
For mascara I wear maybelline colossal mascara for wait for it...wait for it...$6 bam it's a direct knock of the Dior show mascara which is $25
Previously I wore the mac nymphette lipgloss religiously. Mind you I still wear a lot of mac lipsticks and what not but I'm just going over my basics for the day.

Currently I'm wearing a lot of Revlon super lustrous in pink whisper. I like this gloss because it goes on perfect in one coat the glitter isn't chunky at all and it basically looks like the mac gloss ($15) and it's only $6 mind you I've gone through a lot of drug store brands to find the perfect one. 

I always wear eyeshadow primer when I wear eyeshadow. If you don't do this you need to. I can literally sleep in my make-up and have it look the same in the am. I wear Urban Decay. I previously wore their eyeshadow as well and I still do just not as much. This is also a pricey item. I swear I really try to keep the cost down on a lot of things. Anyway it's about $20 at Sephora or Ulta I at one point have tried every color of these I usually go with the original. However they just came out with an anti-aging one. If you can't tell I obviously have an obsession with anti-aging. 


When I'm at work I wear eyeshadow sometimes, only sometimes, usually it's just eyeliner and mascara. The eyeshadow I wear is made by two faced and it's their boudoir palette. It's also a little pricey $36. I believe in spending money on eyeshadow because I feel that it blends better and is a better pigment quality. 

Finally we are to the part you have all been waiting for the eyeliner to end all eyeliners. It is also made by Physicians Formula. It is about $11 dollars. It apparently is suppose to make your lashes grow with the lash serum in it. I just like it because you can sleep in it and it looks exactly the same when you wake up, and then if you are super gross like me sometimes, you can wear it all day if you don't have time to shower and it still looks EXACTLY THE SAME! Anyway it's the Physicians Formula Lash Booster 
There you go. My ENTIRE make up run down. Mind you I rarely wear this much make-up it's usually bb cream, under eye stuff, eyeliner (both of them), and mascara. Sometimes I skip the eye gunk and the bb cream and just roll with pencil liner and mascara. Most of the time I don't wear anything. 

Okay well now that I've procrastinated, and bored myself with this post, I feel way better about whatever was bugging me before. 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful woman in a beautiful package. I've always been amazed by your heart and conviction. You have nothing to be self conscious about.

    Do you sound a bit egotistical saying that you fit the profile? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No.

    Ego is good. Ego drives all productive people. I'm fortunate enough to work in an workplace full of egotistical people. I know that many of us come across as assholes at times. The fact is, I build machines that other people use...many of the operators are rather inept. These are huge, powerful machines that can maim and kill in an instant. If I didn't believe I could make these machines safe enough for people to run, I couldn't exist the way I do. I have seen coworkers who were given this same responsibility crack under the pressures when they realize that these machines can ruin lives. They don't last long at my work after that.

    So let the ego exist. I know for a fact that you are neither crazy nor a bitch. You are one of the most grounded and generous people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

    Be well, do great work, give yourself a break once in a while.

    dld

    ReplyDelete