Saturday, September 15, 2012

Solo

I've been apartment hunting lately. Not that I don't love my place, because I really do. Anyway...

I was lpoking at this great place the other day, it was much like the one I currently have but with huge closets, and a bathroom so big I could do yoga in it with a great claw foot tub. Ahhhh! As I was standing there talking to the manager he looks at me and says "Is this apartment just for you?" I relied with "ah, yes? Why" he then says "Well it's sort of odd as we have a lot of couples who live here" I think my jaw dropped a little bit. "Yes, yes, I am single and it will be just me."

It was one of moments when I was reminded that I'm single. Not that I need a reminder I'm pretty well aware. Someone could read this as the trials and tribulations of a single girl in the city, and maybe it is. The thing is, it's not even that I'm a stripper, it's at this point my standards are so incredibly high, and that I'm not giving anything a real chance. I've become all good at the minute relationship, or at being extremely standoffish which adds to the not really giving anything a chance.

Which brings us to work, work when single and not worrying about a relationship is easy. Why can there not be a relationship where the drama is super low. Why can't people just trust that you like them or why can't we as strippers trust that a normal man normal man actually likes us. Maybe thats just me.  Blah, blah, blah. I talk about this crap so much.

Let's see work highlights. Some rude men, some men who loved me. Holy crap that's something to talk about. I was having dinner and drinks with a good guy friend of mine last night and his beautiful girlfriend. We were talking about sixth senses and he had joked he can hear all the women who feel leaving him was a bad idea crying over him. I said that I thought it would be interesting if I could hear the thoughts of men who thought I was the one that gt away. He looked at me and said "Red, did you forget what you do for work, thats all your going to hear, or you are flying to run past some guy in the grocery store and that will be his thought"
On second thought maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment