Sunday, September 2, 2012

We are but mere mortals

This post has nothing to do with strippers. It has to do with the world losing someone great.

The wine steward at my grocery store who I have known for years who is absolutely hilarious was shot five times and killed on Friday. I found out as I went to the grocery store this morning. I was so excited to tell him about my puppy. I knew as soon as I saw some misplaced flowers that something horrible had happened. I wrote in the book they are giving to his family. As I was turning to leave thinking "I can do this, I'm not going to cry" my friend D who works there was right behind me and I fucking lost it. Proof that I'm just human. Our lives are so fragile and we dont think about it when we are rolling kayaks or walking into "the shark tank" every night.
I'm unsure what posses a person to shoot someone at a stop-light. Nevertheless my day has been just a little bit off.
You should also never wait to tell someone anything. If there is someone who means the slightest to you in your life you should tell them when you think of it don't walk away and think "oh yeah, next time I'll tell them I think they are rad, and thanks for the beer" tell them right then.
I hate losing people it makes me think of everyone that's passed. I wish so much that I could bring them all back for just one day so I could say everything I never had the chance to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment