Friday, October 19, 2012

go to be early and get up late

You go to bed early and you talk to your pillow- Modest Mouse "Whenevere you see fit"

I was thinking today as I was sitting in class how many women I know that do just incredible things, that go to bed late, and get up early. That do the very best they can to provide for their families. Yet sometimes our society doesn't exactly look at we the sisterhood the way that we would prefer to be looked at.
As I was in class today. This young man was practically badgering me to find out what I do for work, and where I work. I was getting so frustrated I almost leaned in and said "Look dickwad, I'm a stripper okay, and that shocked look on your face doesn't bode well for you, so please never look my direction again" Instead I chose the highroad and decided not to say anything at all expect "I dont like people I know coming in, it makes it strange, so lets just avoid that okay"
Sometimes I wish this was portland and I wish it was *okay* to be in this industry, that the world didn't think it was so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment