Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why don't you go do some coke...stripper

These words said to me as I was walking away from someone last night sent me into a blind rage, it's been a long time since I have found myself screaming at someone on the floor explaining to them that I run too much to put shit like that up my nose. As they retort I could just put it in my veins. As I continue to scream "Stripper is not synonymous with drug addict, as you apparently are one!" in the back of my head I'm thinking about an ex boyfriend who had a little coke problem who's eyes would not track correctly when he was high so he could never hide it.

To think this all started with him making the mistake of reaching out to grab my breast while I was talking to his roommate. We all know that I have my boundaries and I stick with them pretty tightly. As I tried to very calmly explain that it was not acceptable to touch me like that he replied with "you're a stripper what do you expect, especially with titties like those" *Let the rage begin* I'm proud of what I do. I don't think that my job gives anyone a pass to treat me like less of a human especially in my house (the club). I lost my temper started yelling at him to fuck right the fuck off, as he was a disrespectful ignorant piece of shit. Maybe I went too far. I doubt it.

An interesting thing happens in the middle of this, management walks up behind him getting ready to back me up and I tell them I'm fine and I can handle this. I could I had it under control. I like that people believe me, that they know I'm not going to make a total ass of myself just an ass.

As we are reaching the end of this conversation this little shit fucker and I, as he class me "just a stripper" one last time I ask him what he does. He says he throws rebar for a living. I ask him how that makes him better than me. He says it doesn't. I state then if I'm a fucking stripper you are just ad addict throwing metal, I'm sure you are much more than that so live up to your potential. I walk away.

I think this job has mellowed me out. Previously I would have been slamming that fuckers head back berating him for his poor life choices and reviewing the fact that I'm a great cook, I run practically every damn day, I'm working on an accounting degree, reminding him how low he should feel. Instead somewhere in my iced up grinch heart I found the right thing to say about living up to your potential.


1 comment:

  1. And your only flaw involves cheesy noodle goodness. Good for you, you're by far one of the most well rounded people I've ever met, with a beauty that starts inside and pours through to the outside. He should count himself lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete