Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Re-defining happiness

Being a stripper totally skews my view of normalcy and happiness. I ran into while getting coffee this morning a good friend of mine and neighborhood neighbor before class. He recently started dating someone outside of his norm. Apparently he usually dates cute hipster girls this one is note, he described her as psudeo-goth, after his description of her, I laughed at him and corrected him that she is more neo-goth, considering her satorial choices sounded similar to mine. We ended up on the topic of the idealology of the person we thought we would be with a few years ago. I asked him if it mattered what she looked like and how she presented herself as long as she made him happy.

I suppose at this point that is the thing. Regardless of who we thought we would end up with do they make us happy? I have chosen to be with myself for a while, and I am happy. I think as we age we need to focus less on what the person we are with should be and ask ourselves how we feel more often. This coming from someone who rarely talks about feelings, is a pretty big deal. Do they make us happy? Do we find them attractive regardless of the fact they are out of our normal realm.

I have this totally burning question. As I age and as I watch things unravel in the strip club, I wonder how does one choose to be with someone for the rest of their lives. Everyone I have ever spoken with about this says that there is a point you just know, you realize you don't have a choice in the matter that they are the person you are suppose to be with. What if we ignore that feeling? What if we have passed our window up? Then what do we just float though life alone? Am I potentially dooming myself with my job? Considering that my job even before this has always been my first priority have I made my bed? Have I chosen work to be my partner till death or retirement due us part?

No comments:

Post a Comment