Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just the same old world changing post...

Before I settle in to study, there is some shit I would like to get off my very tall shoes, that I am not currently wearing, actually I'm wearing my running shoes (two weeks off of running will decrease your lung capacity if you were curious)
It's been one hell of a week off, I think I'm excited to head back to work tomorrow. Let's recap my week. Brace yourselves it's crazy. Monday missed a class to study, not sure if this is essentially counterproductive or not. Tuesday felt crappy, fell asleep, missed a boat load of text messages. (Sorry all) woke up felt better. Broke the law, went swimming in a pool that wasn't mine. Wednesday nothing happened. Here we are on Thursday, taking yet another night off.
So Tuesday was obviously the only day anything interesting happened. As I'm swimming with a group of friends. Ok, in the way of breaking the law it wasn't that bad one of my friends had a key. The subject of my job comes up with one of them whom I don't know super well, they of course have questions.
1.What's it like?
2.Do you like it?
3.Is it draining ever?
4.Do you find it challenging ever?

1. I don't know how to describe my job to other people anymore. It's interesting to me.
2. I love my job, I'm just a little down on it right now.
3. Occasionally. It bleeds over occasionally into my real life which is when life gets hard.
4. It's challenging to walk up to a person and sell them an intagible object without having much of a profile on them. Most sales you have a little bit of knowledge about the person. I don't, I have to make choices in seconds to try and make them as comfortable as possible in a strange situation...in my underwear.

Dating of course came up, I gave them the quick version of how this job ruins things and that's it, it's hard on people. The hours are exhausting. blah, blah, blah, we've heard the story before.

My good girlfriend W chimed in and stated she could never be a stripper, pretty sure she saw the imediate look of distain on my face.

Back to aquaintence, who states they didn't think they could ever find themselves in that situation ever, and why not just be a bartender.

Let's recap all the good things about me one more time just for good measure.
1. On being a bartender, it slipped my mind at the time. I had thought of bartending, then thought, If I'm going to get looked at like a stripper, I'm going to get fucking paid like one. Or so I thought when I first set out to do this.
2. Mostly normal life, I even took my pole down to perpetuate normalcy in my life. The only thing thats currently off is that I'm in a big nap taking phase right now.
3. I don't drink nearly as much as "normal" people or so I've discovered lately. I don't do any other substances.
4. School, although I'm beginning to not be so proud of this whole school thing for some reason, I think it's because everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to be done. I'm not exactly sure yet. About two years.

The question arose about redflags. Anytime anyone says red flag I laugh. I couldn't help but respond with I am a walking red flag, so you could take that for what it's worth. I went on to explain how if it were not for the scarlet S on my personal resume I would be just about great, but since I have a huge red stamp people tend to think I'm going to drag them into a deep pool of drama. I wish I was capable of that sadly I'm not. So I suppose on the issue of red flags watch out for the normal ones like "do they carry an axe? They may be an axe murder."

Gentlemen, just because we are strippers does not make us any crazier than any other woman in the world. I swear to god I'm so tired of talking on this subject will you all PLEASE just understand this. So I can go back to talking about the funny things that happen at work and never mention this again.

On a sidenote, when I referenced myself as a lady some posts back, I'm not sure what the hell I was talking about, I really meant good woman. There is a vast difference between a lady and a good woman. More on this topic (again) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment