Friday, November 16, 2012

The world works in mysterious ways

Preface ALLNIGHTER BOOM!
No, I'm not working all night. I'm just catching up on homework...right after this post. The joys of an allnighter low pressure, I'm going to be up all night anyway so why not throw on the lululemon pants and make a little soup to go with my redbull (I'm sexy and I know it).

The world is so funny sometimes. Typically I say things like "The universe just punched me in the face as I apparently didn't get the memo" I'm typically refrencing things not going my way in that moment. Today, today, on the other hand was totally different. Today was about as perfect of a day as anyone could hope for. I mean that in a perfectly normal perfect day sort of way.

I woke up this morning feeling strangely fine. By fine I mean I felt good and I also immediately thought I was the hottest thing since toast. My dog was pumped to see me. I made it to class early. I had a great time in my classes. I am actually enjoying my math class because for once it's not a review of something else. It's interesting and it's fun.

Came home, watched SATC and ate ice cream in bed. It was perfect. Hung out with my dog. A great afternoon at home. Had coffee with a dear girlfriend of mine before work. They were daydreaming about new furniture. My place is furnished so I live vicariously though others looking to furnish their homes. 

Then...it...got...exciting. I WENT TO WORK. 
It was a night in which I could do no wrong. I was on fucking fire tonight. It took me a little bit to warm up, but once I did, there was no one saying no. People were asking me for dances rather than vice versa. A gentleman even interupted a conversation I was having with another gentelman to request a dance. It was all very flattering. Then the inevitable happened. I walked up to someone just to be ignored. I HATE BEING IGNORED. So I followed him back to his seat. I introduced myself to him. His name was Daniel. He is an older gentleman, sometimes I stay away from the older gentlemen as they tend to feel that due to oh I don't know having their AARP card they deserve a senior discount and can take certain liberties since I am but a young girl who won't put up a fight. A correction is usually made and they soon discover I am a young woman with a bad fucking temper who may like to lean on your throat with her forearm, but whatever, I'm a harmless little weapon.

Daniel was different, he didn't seem old. We talked about things I would talk about with anyone else. He then complimented me on the way I sell. I love when people compliment this part of me. Regardless we headed to the back for a dance or two. We had a great time! SURPRISE! We laughed, he was respectful. It was lovely. We took a little break after a few dances, he entirely understood that I needed to make my rounds and was fine waiting a while. 

Fastforward to the "Ain't got no Champagne, Champagne Room". There was a point in our time together that hit me like a truck. Once again a man from work has restored my faith in men. He very lightly held my face looked me square in the eyes and said "You are love, aren't you?" I realized in that moment that even though I have had my heart drop kicked so many times, that a normal person would have given up and become a nun, or someone that really hates men, that I keep getting up and there is a part of me that still believes in love. I guess deep down I really do. I don't believe in finding it at work. I don't believe is storybook endings, or even in the character Richard Geer plays in Pretty Woman. I believe in a very realistic sort of love, I believe that you can love someone with your whole heart, but you can't make someone love you back. That it's possible to be a team, as long as you are not carrying your teamate inevitably. I believe in love as much as I believe in math, and math is the only thing you can ever really prove. 

I am so thankful for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great day! Especially that moment with Daniel. It's so much fun when two people can have fun, be flirty, be personal and happy... and have it only be there in the moment, with no further expectations. Some folks will never believe me, but I have had those kinds of moments in strip clubs as well as outside of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math: The only universal language.

    Nice to hear about your great day. Here's to many more.

    dld

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "drop kicked heart." Love it. I gotta use that line in one of my posts.

    ReplyDelete