Sunday, November 4, 2012

The city sleeps alone...

I have had a song stuck in my head all night. It's called "Natural" It's off of an album called "Huggable Dust" I highly reccommend it.
It's so quiet sometimes, it's amazing, considering I'm in the middle of the city. It was quiet at work tonight too, not quiet as in there was nothing going on, just silent considering the number of people.
It's funny the things that change our days. I people we come into contact with and how they change us. I mean I'm not saying that I believe that everyone we meet changes us, sometimes we are just strangers forever, but then there are times when we get really lucky, and we find really interesting people. Sometimes we find them in the oddest places, sort of like things you lose behind your couch or your dresser and you don't find these things till you move the whole piece. Sometimes you move an entire piece of your life without thinking and you get lucky, you find people who are like, well something more exciting than say that wool sock you lost last winter. It's a pretty great feeling. I guess a sock is a pretty accurate analogy. It's warm and snuggly, and there are very few things I actually enjoy more than wool socks. Strange as I don't wear socks at work, but trust me, I love the sweat out of my smartwool socks. Sometimes people are like that, they bring you a happiness like wool socks, it's sort of fleeting as you eventually have to take your socks off. I mean you shouldn't wear those in the shower. I mean consider summer you typically don't wear wool socks, unless you are me and wear really thin ones while running, then you put them away for a season, pull them out in the fall and remember how happy they made you. There are people I feel the same way about.
I've also been thinking a lot about people who have disappeared like socks who we may not get to see no matter how many pieces of figurative furniture in our lives. Don't get me wrong I haven't lost anyone lately. I was just reminded during a conversation I was having last night that sometimes life isn't fair and it takes people away from us when others make stupid choices.
Alright enough of this strange sock thing. I'm hitting the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment