Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sometimes you just get lucky...

I showed up to work late tonight. I wasn't expecting it to be paticularly lucrative, and I was correct. Oh well that's not what this story is about.
On of the girls I previously worked with walked past me on the sidewalk and started going off about how hot I am. It's a true story I'm not horrible to look at. I yelled something back at her about how  she has a nice ass.
Later in the locker room, she bursts in the door, and starts in about how stunning I am and how great of a person I am, and how I should travel for work again. She is absolutely right I should.

It got me thinking about how incredibly lucky I am to work with a group of women who are supportive and open. How I really do feel bad for people who don't have a work enviorment like mine. Ther are lessons in teamwork they just don't teach you in school that happen in the strip club. Someday I'm going to write a book just about the lessons I learned, and sell it to major corporations to help with team building excercises. I am so glad that I made the choices I did and decided to have a temporary lapse in sanity to become a stripper.

I have been talking about it a ton lately, but really when I was younger i was sooooo wound up.  I was horrible to be around. This job has taught me to mellow out even when surrounded by chaos. It also taught me to really not take shit, to know when to throw words, or when to really throw punches.

Sometimes you just get really lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! OMG, so I googled stripper jobs in Seattle and I am so greatful that this blog came up! Okay, so I'm 23 and okay to look at. Everyone tells me that I should be happy with the way I look, but I think I have some self esteem issues, and I really don't understand why. I had boys after me all the time in high school (thanks ma for my generous chest!) but ugh, I wish I had a support system like you do where everyone is comfortable with themselves. My friends and family are NOT open with anything. Anyways, enough of my babbling :) just wanted to say I hope you write your book one day cuz' I would totally read it :) And maybe next year when I move to Seattle I'll get to meet you and your group of fantastic co-workers! Until then!

    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just sent a link to my blog, hope you'll check it out! (Just did a post on strip clubs). Comments appreciated :) By the way, love your blog. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete