Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Man, I always give in...

The following post is just an example of how I'm totally unreasonable and a little crazy, and little bit bitchy. Also how I have spent many nights at work texting with someone who didn't get me trying to explain my point of view and only having it come out negatively but I can't let things go sometimes...So I guess that's a new goal to let things go.

Below is a comment left by an anyonomous person. I've numbered the things I'll be talking about.


maybe it would be better to acknowledge that (1)people have positive traits also instead of only dwelling on their failings. So many of your posts are simply cutting people down. (2)The Indians who grope, (3)the guys who treat you badly, (4)Philly. It used to be fun to read your blog, (5)now it is only crying about how everybody treats you unfairly. I'm reminded of how when a person points a finger there are three fingers pointed back at herself.

1.Alright...I try to say something I like about everyone.
2. Indian men who grope...How exactly am I suppose to find the good in a man who decided that I'm not a person but I'm an object that doesn't deserve any respect and that they can do whatever they want, because of the occupation I've chosen. That's like me going to amazon, giving someone a wet willy, a weggy, demanding that their pay be dropped and they somehow put me in charge of drone delivery, then doing it again, and again, after they swat my hands away and say no politely, then when they say no not so politely. Honestly I do complain about this a lot because I'm really hoping at some point people read it and talk about it and it eventually gets around that it's not okay...and yes if I make it a little funnier they might read it, and talk about it a little differently. Anyway back to the point...it is never okay to try to grab my boobs, give me a tongue bath, trying to touch any mucus membrane my eyeballs and nostrils included, all while telling me they don't want to pay for standard dance because it's too much and they want all these crazy extras and don't want to pay for it even if it were on the menu which it is not. There are quite a few Indian men I do like, and I should talk about them more often. Incedentally I'm not going to say that the gentlemen trying to get all up in my biz with out my permish had a super nice pager.

3. Guys who treat me badly... I just skimmed my blog, and I think what I complain about more is how I'm tired of the club treating us badly, there being no customers, there being no increase in marketing, but an increase in the amount of rent we pay to them. I talk about how I am annoyed that gentlemen don't want to dance with me and my confusion about it and what I can do to change, or how I can be more attractive while I'm at work...mind you I don't run around complaining about how someone told me no because I don't give blow jobs, let alone cheap blow jobs...again I don't think I complain about guys treating me badly unless they actually do something like get dances and not pay for them. Also I think I'm allowed to complain about being ripped off outside of work, since while I'm at work I almost never say I'm having a bad time I make it a point to say I'm having a good night, or a great time, or whatever I'm always positive. Again some of the ways I spin things could be a little funnier.

4. Philly...oh philly. There are a lot of good things about her. Philly has taught me a lot of great lessons over the course of dancing...someone will lie to you to get whatever it is that you have. Also that the things I have or the people close to me, are things people want, or people they want to be associated with, or that they will stop at nothing to get them including totally betraying their best friend, therefore teaching me to do what's best for ones self regardless of wether or not it means getting rid of some people around you...especially if you will be happier. Also to hustle, to ball hard and to hustle hard. That people in this industry who seem fake probably are. I could go on and on about philly and the things I've learned from her, the things I love about her. I'll totally write another blog post about her and how great she has been over the years, seriously some of the most valuable things....ugh I can't type I'm falling asleep.

So...my life is not bad, at all, I love it, and all the girls I work wit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for addressing that.

    For the record, I don't think it is okay at all for anyone to cross the boundaries that you as a dancer have clearly stated. My point was more about how little you talk about things that seem good and talk so much about the negative.

    Not that I don't understand how shitty things people can do to dancers are, but it causes me to wonder if some of what happens is caused by your expectations for them to happen. Or maybe your interpretation of the events comes from such a bad place that you only see the horrible side.

    I'm sure there are people who have done incredibly nice things for you. I'm sure that guys have given you gifts and tips and have been incredibly respectful of your boundaries. I'm sure those same guys would like to read about some of the nice shit they did instead only about how badly they repeatedly screwed up.

    best

    ReplyDelete